My Writings. My Thoughts.

a patch of blue

On » 26.4.09 //

A Patch of Blue (1965) , (Drama)

a true classic , where a A blind, uneducated white girl that can't remember any other color but the color blue and constantly abused by her sadistic mother and her weak/alcoholic grandfather is befriended by a black man, who becomes determined to help her escape her impoverished and abusive home life .

starring Sidney Poitier as Gordon Ralfe , Shelley Winters ( who won her second Supporting Oscar for playing the savage mother who had blinded her daughter in one of her rages ) as and Elizabeth Hartman as Selina D'Arcey

Director:Guy Green
Writers:Elizabeth Kata (novel)
Guy Green (written by)
Release Date: 10 December 1965

1 Response to "a patch of blue"

Leave A Reply

My videos. Featured videos.

My photos. Now you know me.

Recent Comments

Browse Flickr

My lifestream. Stay updated with me.

Subscribe

My favblog. Feeds from them.